Tuesday 6 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying To Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week a theme for a list is suggested. This week is Top Ten Sequels I'm Dying To Read.









1 - El Mapa del Cielo by Félix J. Palma [The map of the sky]
When I read The Map of Time, I considered a finished book. In fact I loved that the ending was so final. A few months ago, I discovered there would be two more books in what is now called the Victorian Trilogy. I love Palma's writing, so I will read anything he writes next, but double so if it is anyway related to (or as good as) The Map of Time.



2 - House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
I read Howl's Moving Castle and loved it, and I read Castle in the Sky, and also liked it. So, I want to read the next one in the series.







3 - A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
Again, I loved the first one, now I'm continuing the series. This one is already on the list as one of the next books to pick up. It's right there on the shelf looking at me.








4 - Ironside by Holly Black
The last one on the Modern Tales of Faerie series, I have heard good things about it and I, of course, want to finish this series. The only reason I haven't bought this yet is because I'm trying to find a copy that matches the other two. Not just because it will look better that way, but because it's the cover I like the most.




5 - Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
Another one still in the process of being written. I want more! Especially if Katsa and Po reappear! More!


6 - The Scar by China Miéville
A sequel to Perdido Street Station. I want to read more stuff by China Miéville and I enjoyed Perdido Street Station and the world of Bas-Lag. More about it can only be good, right?








7 - Whatever I haven't read of Discworld by Terry Pratchett

Unfortunately is a far too big list to be put in here. Or to be proud of.








8 - What I haven't read of Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

Which are: The Lost Colony, The Time Paradox, and The Atlantis Complex.







And that's it. No 9 and 10 places, but let's face it, Discworld alone could make the entire list.





Your ad here.

5 comments:

  1. The Map of Time is on my TBR list. I hadn't realised it was going to be more than just one book either. I'm also a fan of George R.R. Martin (though I'm only on book 2) and Artemis Fowl!

    - Rea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some unusual ones! My husband would love to hear about the China Meiville sequel!

    Hopping By...Here's my Answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking of annoying the people at the client support at Book Depository for them to update Holly Black's covers... xD (I'm having the same problem as you do.) But I went to check amazon.co.uk and they sell that edition... so I'm thinking I'll order the remaining books whenever I have a big order to make (so I can use the free shipping above 25£). Hope that helps. ;)

    I haven't read anything of Discworld's yet, shame on me. At least you've read some of the books. ;) And Artemis Fowl is frozen in time for me... thanks to Dom Quixote never publishing the rest of the books. I'll buy the rest of them soon, hopefully. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rea
    Can I persuade you to read The Map of Time as soon as possible? Because it's really good.

    @jen
    There's no more info about it, though :(

    @Kate
    Thanks by hopping by.

    @p7
    Maybe I'll try amazon as well. For Valiant I got it through a used books store, that way I was sure I could get the cover I wanted.

    Discworld is really funny, I started it in Portuguese, but there are some things that are lost in translation. And I agree that it's a shame that Dom Quixote stopped Artemis Fowl, such a good series.

    ReplyDelete