Tuesday 28 February 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week a theme for a list is suggested. This week's theme is Top Ten Books I'd Give A Theme Song To. Only I'm going to do this a bit different and make it about my relationship with books and music.

About a year ago I made a post about this, so this is a theme to which I have given some thought. When making this top I pondered on using the examples used before or not (I also pondered on whether to do it at all, but that was a matter of having the time), but in the end I decided to include them - I just couldn't find many more examples.

So here it, the soundtrack list:

The obvious

Soundtracks of movies based on the books - self explanatory

North and South

 *Extra: gratuitous scenes of Richard Armitage and Edinburgh*



Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind



I wasn't going to put this song (medley?) but it is so good that I have to. But really, I mostly imagine the part at minute 5:30 till 6:30 while reading the mangas.


Everything is Illuminated




Conditioned Response

I was listening to this while reading

Tehanu



It has very little to do with the story, but the all feeling of the song reminds me so much of Tehanu.


They made me think it!

The connection is suggested by the author or the artist

Good Omens




In this case, the authors. Queen plays a major role on this book, or at least in Crowley's Bentley. So, yeah, Queen is always on my mind when I so much as look at this book.

The Silmarillion



Here, the artist is to blame, basing an entire album on the book.

It's all in the name (or the words!)


The Trees: A Collection




I was discovering Korpiklaani, and With Trees was (and still is) one my favourite songs. I immediately had higher expectations of this book because I just associated it with the song.


Daughter of the Forest



The day our house collapsed
I went down stream.
I followed the swans
Like I follow my dreams.

oh! I was living on borrowed time in a

borrowed house for a borrowed crime.
Yeah, I pretty much think of Sorcha at the beginning of this song.


Book of Imaginary Beings



This could also be in the They made me think it category, since IAMX/Sneaker Pimps/Chris Corner [choose the right one] used the book as inspiration. But I didn't know it when I picked the book up, so I associated them because of the similar name.


Later, much Later

White Cat



Some time after I read White Cat, I started to listen to She Wants Revenge again, and it dawned on me how much their songs fit this book, especially Tear You Apart. Maybe not really in theme, but the whole feel of it just reminds me of this book




No comments:

Post a Comment