Thursday 17 June 2010

Book Fair Haul, part 5

This week I made two more visits to the book fair.

On Monday  I ended up buying three books that I wasn't counting on. It is really one book in three parts, that was originally published in two books. Confused? So was I. It is O Planeta dos Dragões be Anne McCaffrey, which corresponds to Dragonflight and Dragonquest, the first two volumes of the Dragonriders of Pern series.



Yesterday I visited again, determined to do my last shopping, as the Book Fair ends next weekend. I bought four books: one that I've been trying to buy for quite some time (the one that disappeared from its shelf before), A Rainha do Sul [The Queen of the South] by Arturo Pérez-Reverte; one that I picked up on the first day, because it was pretty, and been looking at it ever since, Terra de Neve [Snow Country] by Yasunari Kawabata; the book of the day in one of the stands, that seemed nice, O tempo dos Imperadores Estranhos by Ignacio del Valle; and finally a book that caught my attention in a review, O caso das Mangas Explosivas [A Case of Exploding Mangoes] by Mohammed Hanif.


To top all of this, I received Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel in the mail, that I won in a competition made by the Portuguese publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment